EVEN CUT’S QUALITY SAFETY & TESTING
Quality is our number one priority. As a supplier for the professional markets, we are committed to offer only top quality products. We achieve this by partnering with only the best raw material suppliers, and then documenting our manufacturing procedures so we can replicate the process time after time without deviation.
STEP 1 – GRINDING ROBOT
The grinding robot is used to test our flap discs against the competition to ensure we are offering the best product as the best price. The grinding robot replicates a human grinding at a consistent pressure and stroke length. For testing date we:
1. Measure the beginning weight of the disc.
2. Program the robot to grind the specified flat bar at a pre-set pressure and stroke using a heavy flat stock bar.
3. Then measure the finished weight of the flap disc and amount of material removed from the bar.
This allows us to produce a graph like the one below ensuring our flap discs are the best in the market.
STEP 2 – SPEED AND SAFETY TESTING
The speedtester is used to test the rotational speed a flap disc can withstand. The machine gradually increases the rotation speed of the flap disc to a minimum of 150 m/s. We randomly test 1 out of 1000 of our flap discs to ensure conformity to safety regulations for our products.
YOUR SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- Always wear eye protective equipment to shield against sparks, airborne dust, and fumes.
- Do not exceed Maximum Safe Free Speed (MSFS).
- Store abrasives properly according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Select appropriate abrasive for your application.
- Never alter abrasive from its original form.
- Always keep all machine guards in place.
- Follow all safety operation procedures.
- If abrasive is damaged in any way, do not use!
- Follow ANSI Standard Z87.1 standards for safely using abrasives.